Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Arrival of my 2nd bundle of joy

On 4th Dec i reported to KKH delivery suite at 6pm accompany by my hb and son. After registration done, nurse brought me to a room to monitor baby and my heartbeat. It need abt 3 hrs to be there. After 1 hour, dilate tablet was insert on me. About 10pm plus i was wheel to private suite as no sign of contraction was detected.
I felt some tummy pain around 11pm plus and when nurse came in abt 12am plus to check on baby's heartbeat. I asked whether she detect any contraction? She replied yes. Instead of giving me advices, she asks me whether i need to go bk 2nd floor delivery ward to monitor heartbeat etc? If so let her knw early ao that she can make arrangement! I was thinking since the pain is no so intense and i still need to be monitor for another 3 hrs?! I better back to sleep.
At 7am, breakfast was served and i suppose to go for 2nd insertion at 6am but due to no room informed by nurse. I quickly have my breakfast and shower, wash my hair last time before confinement! Around 8am plus Half way blowing my hair, nurse informed room ready for me. I was wheel to 2nd floor delivery room at 845am as they afraid my BP shoot up again.
At 9am, contraction was detected and i was move to labour ward 14.
915am Dr John Tee comws to check on me and 1cm dilate only and he inform nurse to start deip and break waterbag.
At 10am, glucose drip was done on me of cos with the needle poking pain thru my vein! Zzzz..
11am,  oxytocin drip for contraction done and slowly felt more frequent contraction pain.
12pm, break my waterbag & 3cm dilate.
1210pm, After waterbag burst, contraction pain getting stronger. I keep using laughing gas till giddy while waiting for epidural!
1345pm, finally doc comes for my epidural after long wait! I was so tense this time and cant sit straight as feeling pain below like something blocking.
1400pm, epidural done. And get to knw Dr John came to check while i am havingvepi so he was rejected to come in.
1408pm, i told nurse Esther i still feel pain after epi done like something coming out like shit. How come still feel pain at cervix?? She check and said is 9cm dilate and baby will come out anytime!
1417pm i watapp and call daryl tell him about it as he brought our son home.
1437pm more pain and feel baby coming out soon. Daryl reached at this time with flying car.
1443pm i informwd Nurse Esther to see isit baby head was out as i can feel the push. She saw n stops me from pushing and close my legs n put it down flat while she inform Dr John to come! Once doctor comes, and with 2 pushs my baby gal was out! Here she is crying out loud!

One hour skin to skin bonding with my gal. Afte that I was still kept in labour ward till 820pm due to high BP. They keep monitor me and was given medicine too. 

My mum, bro, sil and nephews were all waiting for me to go back suite as they want to see baby gal. My dear son hand me a cup of red date drink immediately i went back my suite. So sweet of him.

Conclusion:
My 2nd delivery was smooth and fast. I never fetch the same pain i went thru for my eldest. As he was forsep after 16 hrs labour with epi.
My regrets was epidural was done unneccesary if nurse Saleha check my dilate after 2 hours wait for epi! She might find out i was abt 9cm dilate which no need for epi anymore! Another was if dr john steps in 5 mins earliee than epi doc. I am sure i can go labour anytime as he is sure to check my opening! I was not heartpain of the $, it was the after side effect i was worried.. Backpain etc !!

No comments:

Post a Comment